Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Ephesians 4:31
It has been a long journey from who I once was, but needless to say I still need more improvement. Don’t we all!?
I’ve been on a roll evaluating my self, and taking the necessary measure to become a better person. I firmly believe that God will deliver us, if we truly desire the deliverance. Only He can discern truly, whether we repent or even want to truly change
We can be sorry all we want but God knows our hearts. .
Some of the things that are obvious that we need to change are :
- Arrogance– unpleasantly proud and behaving as if you are more important than, or know more than, other people.
- Rudeness – not polite; offensive or embarrassing
- Being controlling or manipulative – inclined to rule or lure others into doing things
- Dishonesty – not honest, hiding some of the truth, lying, white lies, assuming, murmuring, gossip, slander
- Temperamental – moody: someone whose mood tends to change very suddenly
- Conceited – Holding a high opinion of yourself
- Unreliable – cannot be relied or depended on, late, rushing, irresponsible, wishy washy, wavering, indecisive
- Dependent – relying on someone or something else for aid, support, clingy, needy
- Pessimism – the tendency to see, anticipate, or emphasize only bad or undesirable outcomes, results, conditions, problems, etc
- Condescending –showing feelings of superiority
One of the main things for me is on the list. My main problem is that I am temperamental. My emotions are easily triggered and I have formed defense mechanisms when dealing with them. I tend to become very quiet, and I tend to want to be alone to avoid disrupting behavior. This can never be good! And this can not go on! I have met people who are indecisive it is annoying! People who are pessimistic suck the life out of you, and people who are condescending need a crude reality check. I also do not like dependent people, it is overbearing for me, and rude people tend to say the truth but they are offensive.
Lord help us!
Jesus! One negative trait should be sufficient for us to change! help us change, give us the desire and perseverance to go after the deliverance we seek after. may we not beat ourselves up, or look unto the next man, but let us focus on bettering ourselves and give you the glory whenever the time allows it. I pray for those who beat themselves up, for reacting or overreacting, or not responding in an approved manner towards any circumstance. I pray you would give us softer hearts and gentler ways, in order to be effective disciples of Christ, in Jesus name Amen.