Stubborn problems always require a shift in paradigm.
– Jamelle Sanders
The words you speak become the house you live in.
A good example for the power of belief is what a seed is to a tree. A seed has a great potential, 99 percent of the time to bud, and eventually grow deep roots and grow into a tree. Trees have many branches, and many leaves, and some bear fruits/vegetables but where do they originate? From their seed. The same is with us, we have a belief and from this belief can develop many actions which will take us into various life choices, and consequences. Faith is a mustard seed (Luke 17:6): it starts off as a tiny seed but it grows into a huge tree. Fear, insecurity, promiscuity, indifference, and many, many more are seeds which develop in our lives, controlling and influencing our decisions.
- a place that has been fortified so as to protect it against attack.
- a place where a particular cause or belief is strongly defended or upheld:
- “I’m not good enough”– actions include overworking to be liked, defensive, never finish anything, beats themselves up for a little mistake, you never accept a compliment, you are insecure and depressed,etc…
- “I’m the best”– works hard, competitive nature, always completes tasks, arrogant, looks at other people’s accomplishments as a challenge, not good at losing, etc
- “I’m a bad girl”– everything you do makes you feel guilty, looks for ways to be bad, act bad, think bad, etc
- “Men cannot be trusted”– never trust men, cant live with a man, wont take orders from a man, would always be in control instead of trusting man… etc
Lord Jesus, I present to you our hearts, from whence our mouths speak and our past. May you destroy every stronghold, may there be no residue left. I pray for those who are bitter, and suffering from things people have said about them and things they have said about themselves, free us from these things. Uproot these seeds that have grown over the years, and help us as we go on in life to keep our souls free from any seeds being planted if not by you, In Jesus name, Amen.