She does him good and not evil, all the days of her life. Proverbs 31:12
Having been given over to a husband, she served him as her lord; and busied herself to win him to herself, revealing herself to him by her virtues, in which you (God) made her beautiful, and reverently amiable, and admirable to her husband.
Yesterday I touched on us women being trusted in, and doing good to our significant other and loved ones. Today I want to touch interrelate both scriptures, ” He will have no lack of gain” and “she does good and no evil, all the days of her life”. I like to study words, because I do not want to misunderstand the word of God especially when it seems so simple. I appreciate that the bible was written in 4 different languages, because we can further understand God’s desires for our lives. It offers deeper explanation when the languages are used as a resource. For example, in Spanish, the word for Hello can be an excited “what’s going on”, while in Russian it can translate to “How you doing”, and in English it can be an informal “Hello.”
Women talk about they feel, while men speak what is on their mind.
- Hebrew word for good: Tob: benefit, welfare; what is good; happiness; prosperity
- Hebrew word for evil: Ra: evil, harm, distress, misery, injury, calamity
- She brings benefit to his life, and not harm all the days of her life.
- She brings happiness to his life, and not harm all the days of her life.
- She brings prosperity to his life, and not harm all the days of her life.
- She brings what is good to his life, and not harm all the days of her life.
- She brings welfare to his life, and not harm all the days of her life.
We are expected to be consistent, all throughout our lives; despite age, weather, situation or circumstance. It’s funny how men, are such babes (no offense) and we love them for it. We should be encouraging, straight forward and clear (don’t keep him guessing, he gets confused) and respect him. Study your boo, and pray for him- it’s going to make you love him more. Weird but true!
Lord Jesus, I pray for all the husbands and wives, and those in relationships, may we learn in this season the life principles which are necessary to build our homes, our families and our man. May we be able to fully live as lovers, and friends, more so servants and one flesh as the bible says. May we grow in our wisdom to speak and to direct ourselves to them, and may we be those women who support, encourage and empower men. In Jesus name, Amen.