“Tell us . . . what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” Matthew 24:3
Live each day like Jesus is coming back.
Because one day, He will.
We are not afraid of the rumors of war, the terrible earthquakes and natural disasters because Jesus said they would happen. And He called these days: “the beginning of the birth pains” (Matthew 24:8). When a woman has been pregnant, she reaches a point where she is ready to give birth, this is the term “birth pains”. Jesus metaphorically states that the end times will be evident in that the world will experience birth pains. Birth pains in the context of how Jesus illustrated it, is what it says in the bible in the books of Daniel, Ezekiel, Matthew, Thessalonians and Timothy.
- The gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
- For many will come in My name saying, ‘I am the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed),’ and they will mislead many.
- You will continually hear of wars and rumors of wars.
- For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
- Then they will hand you over to [endure] tribulation, and will put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.
- At that time many will be offended and repelled [by their association with Me], and will fall away [from the One whom they should trust] and will betray one another [handing over believers to their persecutors] and will hate one another.
- Many false prophets will appear and mislead many.
- Because lawlessness is increased, the love of most people will grow cold.
- Some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.” (Seduced by demons)
- In the last days, the character of man will become even more evil with people who actively “oppose the truth of God.”
- The Jewish temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt
- Peace Treaty in Israel would be signed which will last 7 years
- One world government or New world order
- Spiritual awakening for Israel, God’s holy spirit (as in now) would give them a new heart to understand and obey God (like us the gentiles)
What are we as believers to do?
- We are to pray!! God is a faithful God, if it’s in the bible it will happen or has happened. And nothing can stop it, all we can do is ask for mercy. That God may extend His mercy of protection, even over those people who still need to accept Christ. All that is happening is so that there will be a great awakening to GOD. And by these occurrences people be drawn to God.
- We are to endure to the end, because this is how we will be saved.
- Remain confident that God is in control, and that the things He said would happen- will happen. Trust in God.
- Be courageous, that we are not frightened, knowing that there will be more to come.
- We are to increase in love and righteous living
- Pray for wisdom and discernment to not believe in the false prophets and the false Christs.
- Guard our hearts and remain un-offended by betrayal and persecution for believing in Jesus Christ.
- Stand firm on our faith: despite of the destruction around the world with hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, wars, etc..
- Spread the gospel: The end will come when the gospel has been preached to every soul.
Lord, Jesus, I come before you to please for mercy. Not only for Puerto Rico and Mexico, but to all the nations of the world. We have a guarantee that we will die, it’s the only guarantee we have. But if it is not our time, we know that you have control of it except if we are seduced by the voice of the enemy in taking our own life, according to our will. I pray for a hedge of protection for those who are to come to your path, and may you protect also from sickness and disease of things that may result from dirty waters and the like. I pray for people’s hope in you to be renewed and that their faith in the eternal, to be revived. I pray you would have us all interceding for each other, and to be of physical help with money, food and clothing as well. In Jesus name, Amen.