Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers. (Psalm 1:1-3)
Satan is a liar. It just amazes me what some people will listen to, and how a situation can get so twisted!
God calls us to give Him our lives, and obviously this is a lifelong process. God wants our hearts. If He has our hearts, then He has our undivided attention. When the enemy can get us to listen to him, it is fast and easy to open our hearts and attentions to him, and away from God. This can make fleshly things appear appropriate and/or not that big of a deal. Remember Eve, she thought it wouldn’t be a big deal to taste the fruit God had forbidden. She may have thought the tree was strictly forbidden, but because she gave attention to the enemy’s voice, her heart was opened to ‘maybe it’s not a big deal”. Our hearts are far from perfect, the bible says it is a deceiver and wicked! But even after we love, we push to be faithful, to our loved ones and also to God.
Our hearts are also sensitive, which is why God knows that we need to be reminded of His holiness, His justice and His love; He is paying attention to our every detail, in a very loving way. Deception is not only lying, and betrayal- it is also misdirected advice and half truths. The media lies, music lies, TV lies, Pharmaceuticals, medical practitioners lie, religions lie, our loved ones lie and WE lie to ourselves! We sometimes live in self denial, we tell others white lies, big lies, or we think we don’t lie when we are in fact concealing the truth. The problem with church deception is that unrepentant and unregenerate people, want to govern the Churches and therefore damage all that is holy and in the word of God.
- slyness, lying, bluff, treachery, fraud, mislead, trick, cheap,double cross
- give a mistaken impression
- fail to admit to oneself that something is true
In 2 Corinthians 10: 4-6, the bible says that the weapons God gives us is to destroy ideas and ideologies which come against the faith. Here are a few lies, which seem pretty reasonable. And I will follow up with the truth for each one.
- You only have one life to live, better enjoy it and make no reserves for a God you cannot even see. What if you die and it was not even real?
- God is not paying attention
- God does not care about you/ God gave up on you a long time ago
- That is not so bad of a sin, you’ve seen worse. This is nothing
- Who said there’s only one religion? why is Jesus the way to God. This is white supremacy, that’s the white man’s religion
Truths (Let’s fight back)
1. What if you die and God IS real? Would you lament not indulging in all of your vain and capricious pleasures or would you lament having no options other than going to hell. The wisest man of all time, king Solomon says in Ecclesiastes, that the entire purpose of life is to Fear God and obey his commands, which is everyone’s duty. The bible also says that hell is reserved for the devil, his angels and those who reject Jesus. (Matthew 13:40-42, 2 Peter 2:4)
2. God IS paying attention. God is omniscient it means that He has perfect knowledge of all things. The bible has plenty of occurrences where He showed up for His people in many ways, the idea that God allows bad things to happen, is for our own good. The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good (Proverbs 15:3). God is also aware when bad things happen to us personally, you intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people (Genesis 50:20). God is not like you or me, He does not have to learn anything, He does not forget anything, He knows what can potentially happen, nothing catches Him off guard. God is omniscient, meaning He has perfect knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.
3. God does not judge us, the way we judge ourselves or others. Psalm 139 says You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. The bible says that even if our hearts make us guilty, God knows MORE than our hearts (1 John 3:20). God knows our reasons, our weaknesses, our pet peeves: remember He created our personality.
4. The bible says that we ALL fall short from the glory of God, it also says that SIN IS DEATH. The bible never says if you steal, or kill it is worse than adultery or lying, NEVER. The bible actually mentions that if we break one of the commandments, that we all guilty of all! This is because God is not limited to the specifics of sin: we sin in our thoughts, in our speech and in our actions/behavior. And all is sin is death, which means we will be set apart from God’s presence (hell, eternal death). The bible says, IF YOU KNOW WHAT THE RIGHT THING TO DO IS, AND YET YOU REJECT DOING IT…. THIS IS SIN.
5. Christianity is not a white religion. European countries served Pagan Gods, just like the Indian and the Asian, and even the South American. They served images, plants and their own ideologies. Their gods were the sun, the moon, the stars in the heavens, etc. The pagans worshiped the Pine trees, which is where we get the Christmas trees from. Because they honored agriculture and it’s financial means, Pine trees were decorated with gold and silver (Merry Christmas y’all!). They are definitely considered a minority, so to say Christianity or Judaism are a white man’s religion is very ignorant. The Jews were actually enemies of the entire world, which is proven in history by their serious persecution from slavery in Egypt, to genocide in Germany with Hitler, and antisemitism in the Middle East , South Africa, Soviet Union, Russia and Europe. Also historically speaking if we study the physical attributes of the Israelite people we learn that they are similar to the nations of most mixed cultures. Israelite vary in skin color, from light to dark pigments, straight, curly to wool hair textures, and blue to dark brown eye colors. The bible says that we are one in God, no more race, no more social status, no more slave or free (Galatians 3:28).
I hope you got the idea, that we have to defend what we believe. The devil is slick, and he is also wise.
Lord Jesus, I pray for those people who are lazy to fight back. Those who are indifferent, and those who do not even know any better. I know that you are aware of who knows and who doesn’t, and you hold us accountable to what we know to do. But I do pray for your mercy, and grace to move forward and to learn as well. I pray you keep our eyes focused in your truth, which is in your word. I thank you for that you have given us the mightiest weapon, which is the name of Jesus, where every thing must blow and all darkness must flee. I pray for conviction, and an increase of faith for the believers. In Jesus name, Amen.