Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive it and pay attention to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19
You may not see it yet, but God has the right pieces to make the puzzle of your life fit together.
Our hearts can be filled with hope, when we hear God say that He is going to do a new thing. It doesn’t matter if we know what the “new thing” is or not, but there is an expectation which arises in us. God desires to show us something wonderful of Himself that we haven’t even figured out yet, and He even says ‘don’t you see it?‘. When God reminds me that He is up to something, and that it will soon show; I tend to conclude that what God will do, will not be like what He has done in the past. I also feel a mixture of uncertainty and fear, from experience knowing that forming expectations, may lead to disappointment and disillusionment. This is why it necessary to use wisdom, when receiving such a word.
As human beings we can be hasty. It is best to hold off from jumping to conclusions. By all means, avoid becoming attached to a desired outcome. We simply cannot figure out what God’s plans are, but Holy Spirit knows the mind of God and can give us insight. If we knew everything God was up to, we would probably put God in a box. Offering to help him or plan in advance according to our own expectations and vain imaginations! It also reminds me, that even if I’m feeling worthless, or bound in some sin, God is still doing some new thing for me! This gives me hope. I believe God blesses us because it is His nature, not because we have earned His goodness. The Lord blesses us because of:
- obedience: our loyalty to God’s word and leading
- faith: the reward of our life of seeking Him (prayer & devotion)
- harvest: God’s reciprocity according to our deeds and intentions
- purpose: God has appointed times of blessing according to the preordained call of over our lives
- repentance: God sees our hearts, and deals with us in ways that will lead us back to righteousness
- mercy: God wants to reveal His heart to us (His love and goodness)
- realignment: God gives us something to suffice, heal or mend our places of lack/brokenness/distortion (body, soul & spirit)
Many of us are not where we imagines we would be, or have received what we have longed for, and we definitely could use a God move to breakthrough, re-positioning, shifting or new revelation! What new things could the Lord be up to?
- Maybe the Lord is getting ready to change YOU
- Maybe He will change the circumstances
- Change your environment & location (work place, career, home, business)
- Give you a new leadership role (of service and responsibility)
- Bring new people and partnerships into your life
Why doesn’t God tell us what the “new thing” is?
Well, what God is doing is in the works. The scripture says, ‘it shall spring forth now’, and the Hebrew word “spring” is the word “sprout”. Meaning that the New thing God is doing will soon sprout; just like what plants eventually sprout from the ground. First seeds are planted, then its roots develop, and in due season the plant sprouts forth. God has been processing us, and I believe He is telling us to be ready to see the manifestation. if He tells us what is ready to sprout, we may over water, or uproot the harvest before time.
Lord Jesus, thank you for your word. Thank you for your presence and revelation, I present my brothers and sisters in Christ who have been seeded and whose prayers have been seeded. I ask you Lord to have your way, make our crooked paths straight, and show us the way to walk in even if it seems to be a dry and open wilderness. I also pray to discern the times in which we are living. I ask for patience and serenity to accept your will for our lives, and also that we may drink of your rivers in the desert. In Jesus’ name, Amen.