For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And, “If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” 1 Peter 4:17-18
A person’s character is shown through their actions in life, NOT where they sit on Sunday.
God is not like humans. He does not call someone and then let them fend for themselves. He does not seal us with His Holy Spirit, and then cast us to heal the next day, and for the love of God, He does not fill us with His Holy Spirit to them vacuum us empty of His Presence. God gives us power, love and strength to live life, not to be perfect… but to be perfected until His return: the day of Christ Jesus.
It’s really sad that people are misguided by teaching, opinions and personal convictions. This is why I love the word of God, and I advise everyone to read as well.
- Yes, we can mend the broken, heal the sick and free the oppressed, yet Jesus can say on that day- DEPART FROM ME, YOU WORKER OF INIQUITY, I NEVER KNEW YOU…
- Yes, He is a great AND dreadful God;
- Yes he is the same God who killed Ananias and Sapphira and his wife in the dispensation of Grace (now);
- Yes, the bible says to fear the lord with fear and trembling;
- Yes the bible says that the Lord is a consuming fire:
But all of these scriptures must be read in their context, not independently. The word of God should never be left up to private interpretation, but by revelation of God’s Holy Spirit.
- I never knew you: DOES GOD KNOW YOU? What’s your relationship status with the Lord?
- God is the great and dreadful God! He is a judge and He takes vengeance against the proud!
- God will not honor wickedness, not even in this time of grace. The Holy Spirit put Sapphira and Ananias to death, because they preferred to be slick like Satan than to be open and honest with the people of God. (It’s like us denying to be in sin and getting away with murder behind everybody’s back).
- God hates sin, and so He must consume the sin in our lives! It may hurt, but we need it to be refined, to be remolded and above all to be purified.
I shared these scriptures, because sometimes we can get into the habit of knowing a one sided God: “God is love”, “God is merciful”, “God is forgiving” and “God knows my heart”. And He is all these things, but He is also holy. And who can stand before a Holy God?
Father God, we honor you and we bless your throne. Forgive us for our wrongs, our pride and rebellions. I pray for reverence in your people, may you continue to reveal your holiness to us and your righteousness. May we not fear you, or be drenched in condemnation but instead may you cause our spirits to be shaken to fear your majesty as the Almighty, Holy and Perfect God. May any incorrect perceptions we hold of you be realigned in these days. May those who feel shame, fear, self hate or anger be renewed in the spirit of their minds to receive your perfect love. And may those who need to know that you are more than a happy, and eternally forgiving God know that you are the great and dreadful God. I also ask you for those who have been wronged to be convicted about your just ways, where they may know that you will vindicate them and that you will take vengeance. And I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.