Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him and he with me. Revelations 3:20
God is with me.
What does it matter that God is with us? Throughout the scriptures, the lord informs us that He is with us. If only we acted like God was with us!
Christ told us He’d be with us until the end of time; If only we fully believed it! Some people doubt God is present because they don’t feel Him, others don’t hear Him and quite a few simply lack the faith to believe God is always present. On a personal level, what does it mean that God is with you?
- I will not fear any evil because God is with me. (Ps. 23)
- I will be free from the love of money, neither will I covet, because God is with me. (Heb. 13:5)
- I will not faint because God is with me. (Is. 41:10)
- I am strong and courageous because God is with me. (Deut. 31:6)
- I observe all that Jesus has commanded because God is with me. (Mat. 28:20)
It is the Lord who strengthens us: it is He who provides for us. From the scriptures we can learn that God provides Himself as the solution to all of our issues. By having Him, we have what we need. By acknowledging His very being is with us, we can be bold and brave.
Take a moment to think about God. Think about the difference His presence makes in your life. Think of God’s presence being with you from now on: will things be different for you?
Lord Jesus, you’re faithful and honorable. We give you glory for being the everlasting Father, the eternal immortal king: thank you for being our ever present help, and keeping us company at all times. I pray for those who need your presence to invite you into their lives in Jesus name. Amen.