This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. Isaiah 48:17
Thank you Lord for always holding my hand.
It is the Lord who watches over us. He is El Roi, the God who sees us.
If we walk with Him, He is able to teach us and lead us in the way we should go. It’s probable that many of us at one point or another have questioned God. We have wondered, why God? Why me? What exactly are you up to? All the while God is in the driver seat waiting for us to calm down and accept His will.
For His own name’s sake He will lead us and guide us!
- cause (a person or animal) to go with one by holding them by the hand, a halter, a rope, etc. while moving forward.
- be a route or means of access to a particular place or in a particular direction.
I love God because of His character. He cares for us, for His own sake. In various scriptures He says, I will do this and that for my name’s sake. And it’s His way of reminding us, I love you and I will be here to help you with everything just so that My name would be glorified.
- He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. (Ps. 23:3)
- Then you will know that I am the LORD when I have dealt with you for My name’s sake, not according to your evil ways or according to your corrupt deeds, O house of Israel,” declares the Lord GOD. (Ezek. 20:44)
- And yet for this I have caused thee to stand, so as to show thee My power, and for the sake of declaring My Name in all the earth; (Ex. 9:16)
- For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name’s sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people. (1Sam. 12:22)
If God’s intent is to glorify Himself, He is sure to lead us in the right path, in the right time, with the right people and using the correct resources. With God, we cannot fail.
It is only up to us to cooperate with God, and yield to His Spirit’s leading. Will you?
Thank you father God, for your attention to us. Thank you for all the details which are unknown to us. We declare to trust you, and we humble ourselves to be led of you. May you open our eyes and ears to see and hear, that which you want us to know. I thank you for doing these things in Jesus name, Amen!