This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed, “So Paul called to him in a loud voice, “Stand up!” And the man jumped to his feet and started walking. Acts 14:9 -10
True healing only comes when we learn to stop resisting Agar God wants to reveal about Himself to us.
Joshua J. Masters
The body of Christ is not very different from the world. Our population is infested with pain, sickness and disease whether physically, mentally or emotionally: sadly this is also true for the church of Christ too. The Lord is capable of dong so much in our lives. Our healing depends on if we believe. Do you have faith to be healed?
There are some ailments we suffer because of unforgiveness, lack of wisdom or sin but these exist so that God can glorify himself. The Lord is only looking for our faith in that He can. I’ve been healed of countless things: emotionally, mentally and physically! I rarely testify on these but the Lord moved me to share with you all: our God is a healer.
- I had a lump on my left breast which pained me for about 3 years. My mother and aunt both beat breast cancer, it was my greatest fear. One evening the lord singled me out and decided to heal me. I wasn’t even a “Christian” at the time but I had faith to be healed.
- I had an issue of blood for a few years after using the depo provera shot (birth control). The lord healed me during a holy communion, because I had faith to be healed.
- I had a painful injury on my right hand’s knuckles for punching a tree. Who does that?! I did! But one day after 10 years, I stepped forward for healing during an altar call. The lord healed me because I believed He could. I had faith to be healed.
- I had an issue on my right hip and thigh joint for 8 years, from using an IUD (birth control). And the lord healed me when I cried out to him during another altar call which had nothing to do with healing! He did so because I believed He could. I had faith to be healed.
- I had an issue with my neck for 6 years. I could not look to the sides without shifting my torso as well. I couldn’t even sleep well. It was constant pain. As a dancer, this was very painful and inconvenient! An invited minister made an altar call for healing and I stepped forward. Without knowing my condition, the Lord healed me in that moment. It was very painful but the Lord was aligning my nerves and fibers; sometimes healing comes with pain. I received the healing because I believed He could. I had faith to be healed.
- The Lord has gradually healed sciatica from my lower back, I couldn’t be more humbled. I had faith to be healed.
- The Lord healed my mind from years of mind control, manipulation and toxic relationships. Mental health is a big deal. I had faith to be healed.
- The Lord has progressively healed my broken heart from childhood trauma, anxiety, depression, bitterness, loneliness, grief and disappointment. He did so because I believed He could. I had faith to be healed.
If God doesn’t answer the first time you knock… keep knocking! Faith without works is dead: keep knocking. There is absolutely nothing our God cannot do. There is power in the name of Jesus.
Father God thank you for your never ending mercies. Thank you for showing us your goodness and bringing glory to your name through our pain. I pray for each person travailing sickness, pain or disease whether in their bodies or in their souls, may you glorify yourself through them. Give us faith to believe and to never lose faith despite what we see or have to endure. May we be encouraging and hope to others, even when experiencing pain- I agree with those who need healing right now: heal us Holy Spirit. Show us your glory. You are the same yesterday, today and forever. In Jesus name I pray. Amen!